Labels

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bang for your Buck... Tip No. 1: Online Coupons

So it's officially a mere 2 weeks until the 4th of July, which means it's only a week until fireworks stands open for business here in Independence, KS!

As a long-time lover of all things pyrotechnic, it has been my pleasure over the last few years to work for Jake's Fireworks here in Indy.  This year, I have moved on to purchasing my fireworks wholesale instead of retail, and am firing my first computer-fired pyromusical this year at hour house.

That's not to say that I don't still LOVE shopping at all the local tents and stands, and it DEFINITELY isn't to say I don't still love helping people stretch their hard-earned fireworks dollars!  To do so, I will be posting several tips to help you be a savvy pyro consumer.

The first tip?  Sign up for online discounts!  The way the vast majority of places do this is that you go on a seasonal e-mail list.  Both Jake's Fireworks and TNT Fireworks are some of the local places who offer e-mail coupons.  Let's look at Jake's, as I'm most familiar with their process:

This is probably the most painless coupon system I've encountered, and one that I signed up for LONG before I worked for the company.  You simply go to www.jakesfireworks.com and look at the top banner for the VIP Club.  You click on that, insert your name, address and e-mail address, and you will quickly begin receiving daily coupon specials in your inbox.

It's pretty slick, actually.  You only get them during fireworks season, then they leave you alone for the rest of the year! :)  In fact, I just got my first one of the year today.

Each daily coupon is for a different item, and some of the savings are really really good.  Today's was for $5.00 off any item regularly priced $9.99 or higher.  THAT'S 50% OFF!

When the season's over, you simply stop receiving e-mails.  The next season, you get them again.  I've been doing this for 5 years or so now, and have never had any issues at all.  Plus, no passwords to remember or signing in to redeem coupons.

If you have it on your smartphone, you don't even have to print it off with you.... just show them the e-mail.

It really is THAT simple.

So there's the first one... keep checking my blog (or better yet follow me!) to see other ways to make this 4th of July's fireworks the most memorable and affordable yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment